Getting ready for the experience of a lifetime!
Now that you are registered for your PADI Open Water Diver scuba diving course at Total Diving, we’ll take the time to go over the preparation for this course.
You’ll only learn to dive once in your life; we want to make sure it’s a unique, fun safe and memorable experience!
To be well prepared, it’s important to plan for a prep session where we’ll go over these points:
1. You’ll need your course material including your manual, computer simulator and your dive log, which are included in your PADI Open Water training.
2. We’ll go over what you need to read and prepare, with your course material, before your first class.
3. We’ll go over the type of scuba diving equipment you will need, and help you choose the type of fins, mask and snorkel best adapted to your fitness level and type of diving you are planning on doing.
4. We’ll also determine what equipment size you’ll need for your pool sessions. This is included in the course, but we want to make sure we have the correct size, so that you are at your most comfortable and safest!
5. We’ll look over the medical requirements and see if you need to see a physician before your course.
You can plan for approximately 2 hours for this prep session but… it will depend on how many questions you have!
For student-divers aged 10 to 14 years, a parent must come to the prep session.
For student-divers aged 15 to 17 years, we strongly suggest a parent comes to the prep session with the student. However, it is possible for the student to bring the forms home for signature before the class.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.